Coronavirus (COVID-19) latest updates and FAQs. Click here
Productivity Tips for Small Business Owners
Download our PDF guide here
How can busy small business owners take back their time and get the most from their working day?
- Turn off your mobile phone.
- Shut down your email.
- Turn off notifications.
- Tell your colleagues of your plans for the day and ask they leave you alone.
- Activate Do Not Disturb on your calendar.
Huddle Meetings (5-10 minutes)
- Schedule a time to have a daily meeting.
- Allow team members to say what they are doing for the day.
- Discuss challenges.
- Allow staff to work elsewhere if possible (this could be going to a café).
- Consider separate offices, rather than open plan.
- If you know your strengths, weaknesses and working preferences, you can understand your staff better.
- What do you want to achieve (specific goals).
- Tell everyone.
- Revise it regularly.
- Put a timeline on it.
Eat an elephant one bite at a time.
- Work out what is needed to achieve your goal.
- Is it necessary?
- Learn to delegate.
These tips originally appeared on Employsure’s Better Business Podcast. Download the episode here.
Get Workplace Advice Now.
Call Our Team of Expert Advisers Who Will Help You with Your Workplace Questions.
At this stage, the government has confirmed that schools will remain open, nation-wide. However, there are some slight differences in how each state is...
Options for business owners unable to meet contractual obligations due to COVID-19 Our mission has always been to support small business. That mission has...
Published on March 23, 2020 (last updated on April 3, 2020) To help your business navigate the COVID-19 crisis Employsure’s founder and Managing Director...
LIVE: Managing your people throughout the COVID-19 crisis To help your business navigate the COVID-19 crisis, plus prepare for an uncertain future, join Ed...
Questions? Call us on 1300 651 415 to speak with a specialist
Don't ask yourself about
Fair Work, ask us!