Productivity Tips for Small Business Owners
(Last Updated On: February 15, 2019)
How can busy small business owners take back their time and get the most from their working day?
- Turn off your mobile phone.
- Shut down your email.
- Turn off notifications.
- Tell your colleagues of your plans for the day and ask they leave you alone.
- Activate Do Not Disturb on your calendar.
HUDDLE MEETINGS (5-10 minutes)
- Schedule a time to have a daily meeting.
- Allow team members to say what they are doing for the day.
- Discuss challenges.
- Allow staff to work elsewhere if possible (this could be going to a café).
- Consider separate offices, rather than open plan.
- If you know your strengths, weaknesses and working preferences, you can understand your staff better.
- What do you want to achieve (specific goals).
- Tell everyone.
- Revise it regularly.
- Put a timeline on it.
EAT AN ELEPHANT ONE BITE AT A TIME.
- Work out what is needed to achieve your goal.
- Is it necessary?
- Learn to delegate.
These tips originally appeared on Employsure’s Better Business Podcast. Download the episode here.