Four Korean backpackers have been dubbed ‘trouble makers’ by their employer and owner of Bundaberg’s ‘Nodija Sushi’ restaurant, af...
Your Say On Minimum Wage
Minimum WageJune 29, 2018
In the June edition of The Bottom Line we asked your opinion on Australia’s new Minimum Wage. This is what you had to say.
– 36% of employers said the increase was too high
– 68% said the increase would negatively impact their business
– 25% said there shouldn’t be an increase at all
– Only 12% of respondents said the new Minimum Wage would not have an impact on their business
– 30.3% will raise their prices of their products or services
– 19.1% will cut the number of hours or shifts of their staff
– 21.3% will reduce the number of staff in their business
– 16.8% will work more hours in the business themselves
The average Minimum Wage increase most employers could afford: 0.34c
Australia’s actual Minimum Wage increase in 2018: 0.64c