Employment Relations Consultant | Workplace Relations Specialist
- Career development opportunities including WHS, Adviser, leadership roles and Business Partner
- AON Hewitt Best Employer 2018
- Travel role, and ability to work from home with exposure to all industries
Employsure is Australia’s leading specialist in workplace relations. With over 25,000 small business clients, we are changing the way businesses look at their workplace relations and seek advice.
Our rapid growth and success in Australia is creating excellent opportunities within our consultancy team in the near future.
This HR Consultant role paves the way for a successful career within workplace relations. We will be seeking for someone to join the largest disruptor of its kind in Australia where the growth potential is very realistic.
You will join a field based, highly autonomous team who are the primary face of our award winning service for our small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) clients around Australia.
Our Consultants develop and produce a variety of employment documentation such as contracts, handbooks, policies and procedures while conducting compliance checks with our clients gives you an unmatched ability to make a significant difference in the way in which our clients operate their business. You will be required to quickly develop relationships with clients as well as providing specialist advice around Workplace Relations issues in a face to face environment. You will be comfortable with the current employment legislative framework in Australia including the Fair Work Act, National Employment Standards and the Modern Awards.
When you aren’t on the road seeing clients, you will be responding to inbound advice queries via email and telephone in an efficient and productive manner. Your role will be to provide accurate and expert advice on disciplinary and performance management matters, dismissals, wage rates, discrimination in the workplace, bullying and harassment, work health and safety queries and many more workplace matters. Your ability to manage clients’ expectations through difficult times will be paramount and your organisation and prioritisation skills are a must in the successful delivery of the world class service that we offer.
This role will not be recruited straight away however we would like to hear from you for our upcoming opportunity. This will likely be recruited over the next couple of months.
- Travelling locally and around Australia to small business sites every day to implement the Employsure service
- Spending a full day on site, gaining an thorough understanding of the client’s needs and delivering our service in that same day
- Working with businesses around their needs and requirements in relation to employee relations
- Creation of documents including contracts, policies, handbooks and procedures, bespoke to each client
- Building relationships and creating yourself as the subject matter expert for all things workplace relations to our clients
- Provide workplace relations advice by phone, email and face to face
- Guide our SME clients to manage their ER matters from strategy to execution
- Communicate complex information or concepts to clients without using technical jargon
- Provide timely and practical advice to clients from all industry types
- Deliver industry defining service by partnering with clients as a trusted Adviser
The right person will have:
- background in Employment Law or HR focusing in Employment Relations
- formal qualifications in law, HR and or Industrial Relations are essential
- experience interpreting or advising on Australia’s workplace laws such as the Fair Work Act or Modern Awards
- detailed and up to date knowledge of the national employment relations framework, together with relevant practical experience in providing professional quality advice across all workplace relations matters
- experience in an autonomous role, preferably having worked in a role requiring regional travel
- detailed knowledge of employment legislation including familiarity with the Modern Award system and National Employment Standards
- strong prioritisation skills and ability to manage own workload
- clean driving record, unrestricted drivers licence and able to use a vehicle daily
- ability to travel to other areas in Australia at short notice
Why join Employsure?
Our vision is to Build Better businesses starting with our own. Employsure works directly with small businesses to ensure they stay on top of rapidly changing legislation. Whether it be dealing with a difficult employee, facing a claim or reviewing health and safety, our clients can rest assured we have them covered.
The opportunities are endless, with personal and professional growth being one of our top priorities. In addition, we offer our employees remarkable benefits. If you are looking for a role that can match your ambitions, we want to hear from you.
With a global track record of over 30 years of success, this is your chance to join an industry leader who prides itself on expertise and innovation at an exciting time in the Australian and New Zealand market.