Do you want to be part of something different? Do you enjoy working in the legal environment, but traditional law firms are not for you? Are you ready to take the next step in your legal career?
A new and exciting opportunity is available to develop your technical expertise and leadership skills in a growing, innovative, dynamic, efficient and non traditional workplace law practice, Employsure Law. We specialise in legal representation and advice to small and medium sized enterprises across all industries.
As a Workplace Lawyer Team Leader you will primarily be responsible for representing clients in complex workplace litigation, case management functions and providing mentorship to a small team of associates and lawyers. You will report to our Legal Services Manager and with support from the Head of Legal you will be responsible for day to day management of legal service delivery.
Your role will involve working closely with clients, lawyers and business support staff to manage the efficient delivery of legal services and the first point of escalation for technical enquiries. Our environment is fast-paced and highly organised. We use bespoke case management technology specifically designed for our processes. Your technical skills, organisation, confidence and leadership/mentorship qualities are a must for the successful delivery of the high quality service that we offer.
You will bring your technical skills and workplace law experience to work on complex litigation including discrimination, bullying, unfair dismissals, general protections and underpayment court litigation.
You will be part of a close knit, supportive and high performance team and you will have access to professional development and opportunities to move into further leadership roles which will provide a solid grounding for your overall career.
People are at the core of our business. You will have access to a range of benefits including the company bonus scheme, flexible working arrangements, modern offices in a prime location, daily breakfasts, a very active social committee, additional leave entitlements and much more.
- Case preparation and representation of clients in a range of workplace law matters including more complex workplace litigation
- Point of escalation for case preparation, liaison with external stakeholders
- Provision of support and assistance to management to drive high quality team performance to agreed goals, SLAs and KPIs to achieve core business objectives and drive high quality team performance
- Improve service quality through quality assessment, structured training and one on one coaching sessions
- Management and coordinate day to day personnel issues for your team members
The right person will have:
- law qualifications
- unrestricted practising certificate
- at least 3 years post qualification experience specialising in workplace law
- ability to supervise and train other lawyers
- excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise your own work as guide and assist your team members’ management and prioritisation skills
- excellent client facing skills and strong record of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- confident with a professional communication style
- excellent presentation, written, communication and interpersonal skills
- excellent organisational and influencing skills, flexibility of style, attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high pressured, detail-oriented environment
- financial literary/understanding of law firm financials and performance
- high degree of initiative and independent judgment with excellent troubleshooting, decision-making and follow-through skills
- ability to work effectively under pressure and be a self-starter
- collegiate team member
Why join Employsure Law?
At Employsure Law, there are significant opportunities for growth and professional development. In addition, you will have access to remarkable benefits.
Employsure Law prides itself on expertise and innovation. This is your chance to join a new and innovative law firm known for the value and quality of our work at an exciting time in the Australian market.
Please ensure you submit a cover letter and CV to be considered for this opportunity.
Become a part of our exciting journey as one of Australia’s newest innovation in workplace legal services. Apply now.