In this month’s episode of the Better Business Podcast we help you find your business niche with Marketing guru Richard Toutounji. We learn why niching can help you reach more customers, how to
reach your niche and the niching secrets of top Aussie businesses.
Anyone who’s run a small business knows that familiar temptation — to think that everyone is your customer, and that you should sell to anyone willing to pay you.
While offering products and services that meet a specific need is the reason we go into business, trying to sell to everyone isn’t necessarily the recipe for success.
But when you have a niche business and target a very select group of people, you position your business as a specialist in the field, and reach a subset of customers more willing to choose an expert business over a generic supplier.
In this episode, we learn:
- Why focusing on the parts of the business you love could be a great way to find your niche
- How to start small and add niches as you grow
- Low cost marketing tips, goiung ‘organic’ and having conversations with potential niches
- Simple ways to test the market
- The niching secrets of top Aussie businesses
- Why fear holds us back from niching
You might know Richard from his appearances in the Sydney Morning Herald, Channel 10, The Telegraph — or even from the Australian Amazing race when he and his wife Joey were contestants!
Today Richard works with business owners helping them build an online presence, developing their online marketing. Richard has a long history of turning established organisations into marketing machines.